Who is eligible for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa in Canada?
If you’re a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and want your parents or grandparents to visit you in Canada, you can apply for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. This type of visa allows your family members to stay in Canada for up to two years per visit.
Requirements for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa
To be eligible for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, your parents or grandparents must meet the following requirements:
Firstly, your family member must be your parent or grandparent.
Letter of invitation requirement
Secondly, you need to provide a letter of invitation to your family member. The letter should state that you’ll be responsible for their stay in Canada.
In addition, your family member needs to pass a medical exam and get medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that covers at least $100,000 for at least one year.
Moreover, you need to provide proof that you have enough income to support your family member while they’re in Canada. Your income must meet the minimum necessary income threshold for the year.
Furthermore, your family member needs to prove that they will leave Canada at the end of their authorized stay.
Lastly, your family member must meet all other eligibility requirements for temporary residence in Canada. This includes having a clean criminal record and not being a security risk.
Benefits of the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa
The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is a great option for those who want their family members to visit them in Canada for an extended period of time. Not only does it allow them to stay for up to two years per visit without having to renew their status, but it also has a shorter processing time than a regular visitor visa. This means your family members can come to Canada sooner and spend more time with you.
In conclusion, the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is a great option for those who want their parents or grandparents to visit them in Canada for an extended period of time. By meeting the eligibility requirements, your family members can enjoy their time with you in Canada without worrying about their status. Apply today to bring your loved ones closer!
Health Benefits Insurance program
Immigrants and Visitors Insurance
For faster family reunification, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has introduced Super Visas for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada.
Benefits of the Super Visa:
• Multiple-entry visa and valid for up to 10 years
• Family members can stay up to 24 months at a time without renewing their status
• Families can be re-united faster – Super Visa applications can be processed within 8 weeks Key requirements for a Super Visa:
• Canadian medical insurance coverage
• At least one year, for a minimum of $100,000 coverage Need insurance for a Super Visa applicant? Manulife Financial Visitors to Canada Travel Insurance offers emergency medical insurance for 365 days for health care, hospitalization and repatriation*.
What you need to know:
• In the case that the Super Visa is denied, the premium is 100% refundable
• If the policy holder wishes to return home for a short time during their period of coverage, they will do so under the Trip Break benefit. Their coverage will be suspended when they return to their home country and reinstated when they return to Canada
• Buy Travel Insurance from professionals who can help you through the visa application process
• $100,000 coverage for applicants under age 85 or
$150,000 coverage for applicants under age 69 Emergency medical benefits*:
• Emergency medical attention
• Childcare expenses
• Coverage for paramedical services
• Return of children
• Ambulance transportation
• Trip Break
• Emergency dental treatment
• Expenses related to death
• Emergency medical return home
• Additional expenses for meals and hotel
• Visit to bedside if travelling alone
Group Benefits Insurance
No medical Life Insurance
Contact Today For An Appointment To Discuss Your Needs.
I will set up a time which is suitable to you and will personally come to your workplace to discuss all of your insurance needs
Leon Levi (R.I.B LLQP)
Commercial Insurance Account Executive
800 Denison St, Suite 200
Markham, Ontario L3R 5M9